Fall and Winter Tastings
Mark your calendars! We’ve got some great tastings lined up for every Thursday until Christmas, except for Thanksgiving Day. Save 10% on items sampled during the tasting. Bring a friend!
Thursday, Nov. 14 – Wine Tasting
- Frog’s Leap Sauvignon Blanc (Napa Valley) — Crisp, bright, refreshing Peach blossom and white flower give way to a very light slatey aroma that is a perfect introduction to the crisp minerally flavors and grapefruit, lemon zest and delicate white peaches.
- Ferrari‐Carano SIENA (Sonoma County) — This Italian-style red blend has delicious aromas of blackberry, raspberry jam, cocoa, toasty vanilla, licorice, and nutmeg spice that lead to flavors of Bing cherry, blueberry, sweet plums, pomegranate, mocha, sweet oak notes and a hint of butterscotch.
- Cooper & Thief Red Blend (Lodi, CA) — Cooper & Thief Red Blend is a dark and jammy red wine blend loaded with bourbon-inspired flavors and aromas. Crafted by Cellarmaster, Jeff Kasavan, our wine is aged for three months in bourbon barrels, which gives way to soft, velvety tannins with a subtle heat. The combined result is a rich flavor, with a long, lingering finish.
- Cleto Chiarli Sparkling Lambrusco (Italy) A semi-sweet wine of an intense red color. The wine has very fruity aromas with lively and fading bubbles. Its smoothness makes it surprisingly pleasant, a captivating wine.
Thursday, Nov. 21 – Wine and Spirits Tasting
Enjoy three wines to pair with your Thanksgiving dinner, plus an award-winning Irish cream!
Thurs., Dec. 5 – Winter Favorites
Four winter favorites to enjoy right now!
Thurs., Dec. 12 – Marble Distilling Co. & The Distillery Inn
This craft distillery in Carbondale is built on a model of sustainability. Their award-winning, handcrafted artisan spirits are made with all-natural Colorado grains. Born from the purest water, Crystal River headwaters are filtered through 99.5% calcite Yule marble, the same marble used for the Lincoln Memorial and the strongest marble known to man. Pure water and all-natural grains are the cornerstone of all Marble Distillery’s small batch spirits.
- Marble Vodka 80 — Made with an original blend of all-natural Colorado grains. Wheat and malted barley are distilled in an old-fashioned copper pot still to ensure clarity and purity.
- Gingercello — Made with fresh-cut ginger and lemon zest for a refreshing citrus taste.
- Moonlight EXpresso — A modern take on an old-fashioned recipe, Moonlight EXpresso is a complex, dark roasted coffee liqueur blended with locally roasted dark coffee beans.
Thurs., Dec. 19 – Rombauer Vineyards
The Rombauer philosophy hasn’t changed since our founding in 1980: “We believe in doing everything in our power to produce the best wines possible. Guided by passion and expertise, Rombauer spares no effort or expense to produce the finest wines each vintage offers.”
- 2018 Carneros Chardonnay — Pale yellow with a green tinge to the hue. Aromas of yellow peach, mango with a slight citrus note intertwine seamlessly with vanilla spice. The palate is rich and round, with the mango and vanilla fight for the lime light, while the creamy texture, vanilla and slight butter combine seamlessly. The balanced acidity closes out the finish bringing the multiple components into balance.
- 2017 Rombauer Zinfandel — This classic California Zinfandel is dark purple-ruby, with a bright crimson hue. On the nose, concentrated aromas of blackberry and raspberry meld with clove and spice. Lush flavors of raspberry, blackberry jam, plums and vanilla flood the palate, followed by touches of white pepper in the background. Plush and round tannins and great length make for a fresh and enticing finish.
- 2016 Napa Valley Merlot — Aromas of fresh, ripe blueberries, ripe plum and black currant intertwine with notes of cedar, vanilla and pie crust. This medium-bodied wine is plush with flavors of plums, blueberries and figs upfront, leading to juicy red fruit on the midpalate. Delicious now, its depth and structure provide long cellaring potential.
- 2016 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon — This wine is deep purple with a bright fuscia rim. The nose is expressive, with aromas of red cherry and sage with a hint of violet, spice and toast. The wine is full-bodied, packed with flavors of raspberry and black cherry, along with notes of violet and toast from the oak. Supple tannins carry through to a fine and smooth finish.
New Castle Liquors is located just off I-70, exit 105, in beautiful New Castle, Colorado, so stop by to check out our selection of Palisade wine. We’re open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday. 2019 Locals’ Choice Award winner!