Summer Tastings at New Castle Liquors
Here’s what’s coming up at New Castle Liquors this summer!
Thursday, July 11, 5 – 7 p.m.
Stoneyard Distillery‘s Beet Sugar Spirits! They’re hand-crafted at 6,242’ on a 4,000-year-old lava flow of the Dotsero Volcano.
- Colorado Silver — This is the product directly off the still and proofed. The base alcohol for all Stoneyard products. 42% ABV. 2017 Denver International Spirits Competition – Bronze Medal
- Cinnamon Fire (CinFire) — Stoneyard spirit, made with organic cinnamon & sweetened just enough with Colorado Beet Sugar. 40% ABV. 2017 Denver International Spirits Competition – Bronze Medal
- Colorado Coffee — Local coffee (Rocky Mountain Coffee Roaster’s Summit Blend) infused in Stoneyard Spirit for 7 hours, then sweetened with Colorado beet sugar. 40% ABV. 2017 Denver International Spirits Competition – Bronze Medal
- Lucky-Oh Horchata — Horchata-spiced alcohol, flavored with cinnamon, vanilla, coconut and cocoa. Tastes like Christmas. 35% ABV. 2018 Breckenridge Craft Spirits Festival – Silver Medal and 2017 Denver International Spirits Competition – Silver Medal
Thurdsay, July 18, 5 – 7 p.m.
- Iron Horse Classic Vintage Brut (Sonoma County) — The 2014 Classic Vintage Brut is considered the “flagship” of the Iron Horse bubblies. By nose – rising dough, orange marmalade and baked apple. By mouth – ripe red apple, mandarin orange and hazelnut. It shows everything the family strives to accomplish, striking memory bells that say “champagne” in quality and finesse, but with flavors that are unmistakably Sonoma County, Russian River, Green Valley and, most distinctly, Iron Horse.
- Prophecy Rosé — This wine showcases the best of the South of France. This wine is delicate and bright with layers of fresh strawberries, raspberries and a hint of white peach with a crisp and refreshing finish.
- 2018 Hanna Sauvignon Blanc — Brilliant pale straw tinged with peridot, the 2018 Hanna Sauvignon Blanc has aromas of honeydew, grapefruit curd, Meyer lemon and jicama. Flavors echo these aromas plus juicy notes of Rangpur lime, kalamansi and white peach. Fresh, zingy, and polished, it finishes seamlessly.
- Stag’s Leap Artemis Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley) — Expressive aromas of dark berries, currants, raspberry sorbet, nutmeg and baking spices. The wine has a rich entry with round tannins and plush mouthfeel with lingering flavors of dark fruit and subtle oak undertones. 91% Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% Merlot, 2% Petit Verdot, 1% Malbec
Thursday, August 8, 5 – 7 p.m.
— Wine Tasting: Details to come
Thursday, August 15, 5 – 7 p.m.
— Tasting at New Castle Community Market: Details to come