Summer Tastings at New Castle Liquors
Here’s what’s coming up at New Castle Liquors this summer!
Thursday, July 11, 5 – 7 p.m.
Stoneyard Distillery‘s Beet Sugar Spirits! They’re hand-crafted at 6,242’ on a 4,000-year-old lava flow of the Dotsero Volcano.
- Colorado Silver — This is the product directly off the still and proofed. The base alcohol for all Stoneyard products. 42% ABV. 2017 Denver International Spirits Competition – Bronze Medal
- Cinnamon Fire (CinFire) — Stoneyard spirit, made with organic cinnamon & sweetened just enough with Colorado Beet Sugar. 40% ABV. 2017 Denver International Spirits Competition – Bronze Medal
- Colorado Coffee — Local coffee (Rocky Mountain Coffee Roaster’s Summit Blend) infused in Stoneyard Spirit for 7 hours, then sweetened with Colorado beet sugar. 40% ABV. 2017 Denver International Spirits Competition – Bronze Medal
- Lucky-Oh Horchata — Horchata-spiced alcohol, flavored with cinnamon, vanilla, coconut and cocoa. Tastes like Christmas. 35% ABV. 2018 Breckenridge Craft Spirits Festival – Silver Medal and 2017 Denver International Spirits Competition – Silver Medal
Thurdsay, July 18, 5 – 7 p.m.
- Iron Horse Classic Vintage Brut (Sonoma County) — The 2014 Classic Vintage Brut is considered the “flagship” of the Iron Horse bubblies. By nose – rising dough, orange marmalade and baked apple. By mouth – ripe red apple, mandarin orange and hazelnut. It shows everything the family strives to accomplish, striking memory bells that say “champagne” in quality and finesse, but with flavors that are unmistakably Sonoma County, Russian River, Green Valley and, most distinctly, Iron Horse.
- Prophecy Rosé — This wine showcases the best of the South of France. This wine is delicate and bright with layers of fresh strawberries, raspberries and a hint of white peach with a crisp and refreshing finish.
- 2018 Hanna Sauvignon Blanc — Brilliant pale straw tinged with peridot, the 2018 Hanna Sauvignon Blanc has aromas of honeydew, grapefruit curd, Meyer lemon and jicama. Flavors echo these aromas plus juicy notes of Rangpur lime, kalamansi and white peach. Fresh, zingy, and polished, it finishes seamlessly.
- Stag’s Leap Artemis Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley) — Expressive aromas of dark berries, currants, raspberry sorbet, nutmeg and baking spices. The wine has a rich entry with round tannins and plush mouthfeel with lingering flavors of dark fruit and subtle oak undertones. 91% Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% Merlot, 2% Petit Verdot, 1% Malbec
Thursday, August 8, 5 – 7 p.m.
Join us for this fun and informative wine tasting. We’ll be sampling four imported wines. Here’s what you can try before you buy:
- Simonsig Chenin Blanc: (South Africa) This easy-drinking wine displays a light honey color. Nuances of passion fruit blossoms make for a grand entrance. Then layers of kiwi and green melon paint the palate. The balanced acidity carries the fruit, and yet again the 2018 Chenin Blanc claims its title as a super quaffer.
- New Age White (Argentina) is a light yellow-green colored wine, with fruity and floral aromas of great intensity. Balanced acidity leads to soft, semi-sweet and slightly effervescent flavors and mouth feel. It is an extremely refreshing, vivacious and sensual wine. We will be serving it as a Tincho cocktail with ice and lime juice.
- New Age Red: (Argentina) An exciting red blend possessing the juicy freshness of just-picked cherries and raspberries on the palate. The aromas of roses and violets round out the nose. We will be serving it as a Sangria.
- Tropical Grapefruit Moscato: (Italy) This Moscato comes from a grape variety that has probably the highest level of complex aromas of any Piedmont grape. The wine has the distinctive Moscato aroma and flavor, with added complexity from the concentrated grapefruit juice.
Save 10% on these four wines during the tasting!
Be sure to stop by the New Castle Community Market at Burning Mountain Park in downtown New Castle after the tasting and every Thursday this summer. Fresh and local food and produce, locally made goods, live music, activities for kids and more. Shop local!
Thursday, August 15, 5 – 7 p.m.
New Castle Community Market Sampling!
Join us at the New Castle Community Market at Burning Mountain Park in downtown New Castle for a sampling extravaganza! We’ll have red, white and sparkling wines, Colorado beers and a specialty cocktail from Stoneyard Distillery for you to sample. Afternoon Delight Bakery will join us with mini cupcakes made with the specialty cocktail! City Market has graciously donated appetizers as well. The cost is $5, and proceeds benefit New Castle non-profit organizations. Please bring an ID.
Hope to see you soon! New Castle Liquors is a 2019 Locals’ Choice Award Winner. We’re located at 820 Castle Valley Boulevard, near City Market. Our hours are 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday.