Sample Colorado beer and wine at New Castle Community Market July 14
New Castle Liquors is hosting a sampling garden at the market on July 14. Taste Colorado wine and beer from 5 to 7 p.m. with a minimum donation of $3 to the Captain William H. “Pyro” DuBois Memorial.
There’s more than fresh fruit and veggies on the menu at the Farmers’ Market in New Castle on Thursday, July 14. New Castle Liquors, 2016 Locals’ Choice Award winner, is hosting a beer and wine sampling garden from 5 to 7 p.m. Stop by to try local products from Colorado’s Western Slope.
“We’re so fortunate to live in an area that’s not only beautiful and full of opportunities to enjoy our mountain setting, but home to dozens of craft wineries and breweries. The farmers’ market is a perfect opportunity to introduce people to a few of the Colorado products we offer,” said Mandy Gauldin, who owns New Castle Liquors with her husband Scott. “Thanks to the Town of New Castle and to Noreen Nolan, founder of the market, for allowing us to host this!”
Tastings will be available from:
- Carlson Vineyards, Palisade — Carlson Vineyards, a small farm winery, produces premium wines in the heart of Colorado wine country. They’re known for pioneering Colorado wines using sun-ripened local grapes and fruit grown at an altitude of 4700 feet.
- Grande River Vineyards, Palisade — Grande River Vineyards is nestled at the base of western Colorado’s Bookcliffs mountain range near the Colorado River and produces world-class, award-winning wines in traditional styles.
- Two Rivers Winery, Grand Junction — Nestled between the gateways of the Colorado National Monument, the family-operated Two Rivers Winery offers wines of the noble varities.
- Kannah Creek Brewing Company, Grand Junction— Since 2005 Kannah Creek has been turning the finest ingredients and a privileged water source into amazing craft ale with a focus on quality and tradition.
- Roaring Fork Beer Company, Carbondale — Roaring Fork Beer Company was launched in 2013 by Chase Engel, a long-time professional brewer with a dream of producing creative beers to match the changing seasons. They brew, package, and sell exceptional beers for distribution throughout the Roaring Fork Valley.
Wristbands to participate in the sampling are available with a minimum donation of $3 to the Pyro Memorial to honor New Castle’s fallen hero, Captain William H. “Pyro” DuBois, Jr. Guests must be at least 21 years of age; valid ID is required.
“It’s going to be a fun evening all around, with live music by The Dry Hollow Band and all proceeds from the sampling going to a great cause. We hope folks will stick around afterwards for dinner at one of New Castle’s many wonderful restaurants,” Mandy added.
The Community Market is held at Burning Mountain Park in downtown New Castle from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Thursdays through September 8. Twenty-seven vendors have signed on this year to offer fresh, local foods and locally made crafts.
New Castle Liquors is a full-service liquor store located just off I-70, exit 105, next to City Market. Products range from top-selling national and international brands to small-batch beverages from Colorado’s craft industries. It’s open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.